Student Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling
The Student Certificate in Hope Focused Counseling distinguishes you as fully trained in the Hope Focused Approach to couples counseling. As you apply for internships or positions, you can demonstrate your ability in couples treatment.
To qualify, a couples counselor must:
- Read the textbooks “Hope Focused Marriage Counseling” by Everett L. Worthington, Jr. and "Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach" by Ripley and Worthington (order them online or at your local bookstore).
- Read the Hope focused Couples Counseling treatment manual by Ripley, Davis, Quigley & Worthington
- Watch the accompanying video training with lecture and demonstrations of Hope couples counseling
- Pass the Hope certification test, both multiple choice and open ended questions, with 95% pass rate.
- See one couple using the Hope treatment manual (under supervision if needed), submit case intake report, and turn in audio tape or video tape of at least 90 minutes worth of hope focused therapy to be reviewed by Hope staff for acceptance.
Total cost for student certificate is $79.00 and includes a copy of the Hope Focused Couples Counseling treatment manual (pdf file), access to all video training, tests, and a copy of the evaluation rubric used for evaluation of your report and clinical tape by Dr Ripley or her delegate . After passing evaluation, a framable certificate will be mailed to you.
1. Inform Dr Ripley of your intent to pursue the certificate in the Hope approach by email: email@example.com
2. Send the following to the MMATE Center:
- A copy of your student identification and current transcript demonstrating you are a graduate student in mental health or theology/divinity
- Your contact information: Name, address, city, zip code, phone number and email address
- A $79.00 check made out to Ripley Consulting
3. The certificate package with all the information and materials you need will be mailed to you within 2-4 weeks.